Rebel Yell: A Pathfinder Chronicle
Alignment:* Bloodline Dependent Hit Die: d8 Class Skills: Acrobatics (dex), Bluff (cha), Diplomacy (cha) [replaces Bluff for Celestial Bloodline], Craft (int), Disguise (cha), Fly (dex), Intimidate (cha), Knowledge:arcana (int), Knowledge:planes (int), Knowledge:religion (int), Profession (wis), Sense Motive (wis), Spellcraft (int), Use Magic Device (cha) Skill ranks per level: 4+ int modifier.
Class Features Weapons and Armor: Warlocks are proficient with all simple weapons. They are proficient with light armor (but no shields) and they ignore spell failure when in light armor. Medium or heavy armor still interferes with a warlocks gestures.
Eldritch Blast: An eldritch Blast is a ray with a range of 60 feet. It’s a ranged touch attack that affects a single target, allowing no saving throw. It deals 1d6 points of damage at 1st level and increases in power by 1d6 every odd # level (3,5,7 etc. to 10d6 at 19th lvl). An Eldritch Blast is the equivalent of a spell one-half the warlock’s class level (round down) with a minimum of 1st to a max of 9 a 18th level or higher. An Eldritch Blast is subject to spell resistance, although the Spell Penetration feat and other feats that improve caster level checks to over come spell resistance also apply. Eldritch Blast deals half damage to objects.
Invocations: A warlock does not cast or prepare spells as other magic users do. A warlock can invoke or use any invocation he knows at will. Invocations are spell-like abilities; using an invocation is therefore a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity. They are described in the Complete Arcane p.9 – 10 under Other Invocations (with detailed descriptions on p.130 – 136. Invocations known: Total of one at 1st, two at 2nd, three at 4th, four at 6th, five at 8th, 6 at 10th, seven at 11th, eight at 13th, nine at 15th, ten at 16th, eleven at 17th, twelve at 18th, thirteen at 19th, fourteen at 20th. Least at 1st, lesser starting at 5th, Greater starting at 10th, and Dark, Bright, or Wild at 15th.
Blast Essence: These are invocations that augment the Eldritch Blast. They are described in the Complete Arcane p.9 – 10 under Eldritch Essence Invocations (with detailed descriptions on p.130 – 136). You get your first Blast Essence at 1st level and another at 3rd and every third level there after (1,3,6,9,12,15,18). Progress from Least at 1st level to Lesser at 6th to greater at 9th to Dark (Bright for Celestial, Wild for Fey) at 15th.
Blast Shape: These are invocations that reshape the Eldritch Blast. They are described in the Complete Arcane p.9 – 10 under Blast Shape Invocations (with detailed descriptions on p.130 – 136).You get your first Blast Shape at 1st level and another at 3rd and every third level there after (1,3,6,9,12,15,18). Progress from Least at 1st level to Lesser at 6th to greater at 9th to Dark (Bright for Celestial, Wild for Fey) at 15th.
Cantrips: Warlock’s learn a number of cantrips equal to your charisma bonus (minimum 1). These minor invocations are cast like any other invocations, but they don’t consume any slots of known invocations. Gain Cantrips at 1st level.
Bloodline: Each warlock has a source of magic somewhere in his heritage that grants him an additional class skill (or bonus to skill), and other special abilities. This source can represent a blood relation or an extreme event involving a creature somewhere in the family’s past. For example, a warlock might have a dragon as a distant relative or her grandfather might have signed a terrible contract with a devil. Regardless of the source, this influence manifests in a number of ways as the warlock gains levels. A warlock must pick one bloodline upon taking her first level of sorcerer. Once made, this choice cannot be changed. (described below)
Other Abilities: Gained after 1st level. These are described in the Complete Arcane p.8
3rd = Damage Reduction (su): DR 1/Cold iron, 7th = DR 2/Cold iron, 11th = DR 3/Cold iron, 15th = DR 4/Cold iron, 19th = DR 5/Cold iron
4th = Deceive item (ex): When making a Use Magic Device check, a warlock can take 10 even if distracted or threatened.
8th = Fiendish (Celestial or Wild) Resilience 1 (su): Once per day as free action, he can enter a state that lasts for 2 minutes. While in this state, the warlock gains fast healing 1. 13th lvl Fiendish Resilience 2. 18th lvl Fiendish Resilience 5
10th = Energy Resistance (su): Resistance 5 agaist any TWO of the following types: acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic. 20th lvl this raises to 10 resistance to the same two energy types.
12th = Imbue Item (su): Create magic items even if you dont know the spells required (although you must have the required item creation feats). Substitute Use Magic Device check (DC15 + Spell level for arcane spells or 25 + Spell level for divine spells) in place of required spells.
Bloodlines Abyssal: Generations ago, a demon spread its filth into your heritage. While it does not manifest in all of your kin, for you it is particularly strong. You might sometimes have urges to chaos or evil, but your destiny (and alignment) is up to you.
Class Skill Bonus: Knowledge (planes) +2Bloodline Powers: While some would say that you are possessed, you know better. The demonic influence in your blood grows as you gain power.
- Claws (Ex): At 1st level, you can grow claws as a free action. These claws are treated as natural weapons, allowing you to make two claw attacks as a full attack action using your full base attack bonus. These attacks deal 1d4 points of damage each (1d3 if you are Small) plus your Strength modifier. At 5th level, these claws are considered magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming DR. At 7th level, the damage increases by one step to 1d6 points of damage (1d4 if you are Small). At 11th level, these claws become flaming weapons, each dealing an additional 1d6 points of fire damage on a successful hit. This is a supernatural ability. You can use your claws for a number of rounds per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Demon Resistances (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain resist electricity 5 and a +2 bonus on saving throws made against poison. At 9th level, your resistance to electricity increases to 10 and your bonus on poison saving throws increases to +4.
- Strength of the Abyss (Ex): At 9th level, you gain a +2 inherent bonus to your Strength. This bonus increases to +4 at 13th level, and to +6 at 17th level.
- Added Summonings (Su): At 15th level, whenever you summon a creature with the demon subtype or the fiendish template using a summon monster spell, you summon one additional creature of the same kind.
- Demonic Might (Su): At 20th level, the power of the Abyss flows through you. You gain immunity to electricity and poison. You also gain resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, and gain telepathy with a range of 60 feet (allowing you to communicate with any creature that can speak a language).
Celestial: Your bloodline is blessed by a celestial power, either from a celestial ancestor or through divine intervention. Although this power drives you along the path of good, your fate (and alignment) is your own to determine.
Class Skill: Heal.Bloodline Powers: Your celestial heritage grants you a great many powers, but they come at a price. The lords of the higher planes are watching you and your actions closely.
- Heavenly Fire (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash a ray of heavenly fire as a * standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. Against evil creatures, this ray deals 1d4 points of damage + 1 for every two warlock levels you possess. This damage is divine and not subject to energy resistance or immunity. This ray heals good creatures of 1d4 points of damage + 1 for every two warlock levels you possess. A good creature cannot benefit from your heavenly fire more than once per day. Neutral creatures are neither harmed nor healed by this effect. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Celestial Resistances (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain resist acid 5 and resist cold 5. At 9th level, your resistances increase to 10.
- Wings of Heaven (Su): At 9th level, you can sprout feathery wings and fly for a number of minutes per day equal to your warlock level, with a speed of 60 feet and good maneuverability. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be used in 1 minute increments.
- Conviction (Su): At 15th level, you can reroll any one ability check, attack roll, skill check, or saving throw you just made. You must decide to use this ability after the die is rolled, but before the results are revealed by the GM. You must take the second result, even if it is worse. You can use this ability once per day.
- Ascension (Su): At 20th level, you become infused with the power of the heavens. You gain:
- Immunity to acid, cold, and petrification
- Resist electricity 10
- Resist fire 10
- +4 racial bonus on saves against poison
- Unlimited use of the Wings of Heaven ability
- The ability to speak with any creature that has a language (as per the tongues spell).
Fey: The capricious nature of the fey runs in your family due to some intermingling of fey blood or magic. You are more emotional than most, prone to bouts of joy and rage.
Class Skill: Knowledge (nature).Bloodline Powers: You have always had a tie to the natural world, and as your power increases, so does the influence of the fey over your magic.
- Laughing Touch (Sp): At 1st level, you can cause a creature to burst out laughing for 1 round as a melee touch attack. A laughing creature can only take a move action but can defend itself normally. Once a creature has been affected by laughing touch, it is immune to its effects for 24 hours. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Woodland Stride (Ex): At 3rd level, you can move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at your normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect you.
- Fleeting Glance (Sp): At 9th level, you can turn invisible for a number of rounds per day equal to your warlock level. This ability functions as greater invisibility. These rounds need not be consecutive.
- Fey Magic (Su): At 15th level, you may reroll any caster level check made to overcome spell resistance. You must decide to use this ability before the results are revealed by the GM. You must take the second result, even if it is worse. You can use this ability at will. Soul of the Fey (Su): At 20th level, your soul becomes one with the world of the fey. You gain immunity to poison and DR 10/cold iron. Creatures of the animal type do not attack you unless compelled to do so through magic. Once per day, you can cast shadow walk as a spell-like ability using your warlock level as your caster level.
Infernal: Somewhere in your family’s history, a relative made a deal with a devil, and that pact has influenced your family line ever since. In you, it manifests in direct and obvious ways, granting you powers and abilities. While your fate is still your own, you can’t help but wonder if your ultimate reward is bound to the Pit.
Class Skill: Diplomacy.Bloodline Powers: You can draw upon the power of Hell, although you must be wary of its corrupting influence. Such power does not come without a price.
- Corrupting Touch (Sp): At 1st level, you can cause a creature to become shaken as a melee touch attack. This effect persists for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your warlock level (minimum 1). Creatures shaken by this ability radiate an aura of evil, as if they were an evil outsider (see detect evil). Multiple touches do not stack, but they do add to the duration. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
- Infernal Resistances (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain resist fire 5 and a +2 bonus on saving throws made against poison. At 9th level, your resistance to fire increases to 10 and your bonus on poison saving throws increases to +4.
- Hellfire (Sp): At 9th level, you can call down a column of hellfire. This 10-foot-radius burst does 1d6 points of fire damage per sorcerer level. Those caught in the area of your blast receive a Reflex save for half damage. Good creatures that fail their saves are shaken for a number of rounds equal to your warlock level. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 your warlock level + your Charisma modifier. At 9th level, you can use this ability once per day. At 17th level, you can use this ability twice per day. At 20th level, you can use this ability three times per day. This power has a range of 60 feet.
- On Dark Wings (Su): At 15th level, you can grow fearsome bat wings as a standard action, giving you a fly speed of 60 feet with average maneuverability. The wings can be dismissed as a free action.
- _Power of the Pit (Su): _At 20th level, your form becomes infused with vile power. You gain immunity to fire and poison. You also gain resistance to acid 10 and cold 10, and the ability to see perfectly in darkness of any kind to a range of 60 feet.